Dare to Pray

Everyone has a few moments in their life when they need someone to pray with them. I’ve needed prayers, and I’m sure you have too.

My dad prayed with me for healing when I was young. My mom prayed for me when I was on vacation. My friends prayed for me during pregnancies.

The prayer time you give to another shows how much you care.

Whenever my kids and I are slowly passing through the merging traffic at the scene of an accident on the highway, I ask them to pray for those involved. I pray for the comfort of all those involved and for the healing of those in pain. I’ve been in a car wreck before, so I know to pray for the insurance paperwork to go smoothly.

We often see strangers going through stressful times. We can pray without them knowing it. But if we’ll take the time to tell someone, “I’m praying for you,” that may strengthen them for the rest of the day. God may be able to use our words to them as well as our prayer for them.

Today’s goal is: Ask someone if they’d like you to pray for them.

How many times has someone asked you to pray for them and “I will” was your response? Do you think it would anger them if you stopped what you were doing and prayed out loud right there with them? Probably not.

I sometimes have to pray right at the moment when I think of it, or I won’t think of it again.

And there are those who won’t ask for prayer, but you can see that those people need and want God to intervene in their lives. Think of the joy they'll feel when you show them just how much you care.

No comments: