Show Love on Social Media


How many friends do you have on your social media accounts?

I remember when I added up all of my friends, followers, and subscribers to find out how many lives I could affect with my social media posts. All my accounts were small, but they rounded up to a total of almost 2,000 people. Today, that number is much bigger.

When I think about which content to share on my Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook accounts, I try to find inspirational quotes that make us all smile or laugh. I try to find a helpful, but challenging article that pushes us to do better.

I have occasionally created a graphic that displays a Bible verse in a way that makes it memorable. Then when I’ve posted, I interact with those who comment about how much they appreciated my post.

Today’s goal is: Be an example of God’s love by sharing positive social media posts.

When the whole world seems to be groaning like it does these days, an inspirational Bible verse on your post shows God’s love and works like the medicine. It brings healing. It reminds the reader that God is love. He cares. He heals.

Be friendly. You can teach your friends and followers to show God’s love when you Share on Facebook or ReTweet on Twitter. When you find cheerful posts others have created, decide whether it is something that your friends and followers would appreciate. Give your social media network something that brightens their day and uplifts them as they browse through the posts. 

You’d be surprised at how many people you can affect. We can make a difference in this world.

No comments: